Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vodka Sauce & Pasta

You, too, can make homemade pasta sauce! How, you ask? Easy! Just follow this super simple & fast Vodka Sauce recipe - people will love you forever!

As an aside, I have no recollection of where I got this recipe, so I don't know who to credit. Sorry!


Vodka Sauce & Pasta

Ingredients:
1 box pasta (penne, mostaccioli or rigatoni work best)
2 15oz. cans of Hunt's Tomato Sauce
2T minced garlic
1/3 C vodka (I use Absolut, but you can use any kind)
2/3 C heavy cream
1T dried parsley
Salt
Red pepper flakes
Parmesan (to serve)

Assembly:
Put the water on to boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, in a different pot, heat some olive oil. Fry the garlic on high heat until it is golden brown.

While stirring the garlic, reduce the heat a bit and pour in the tomato sauce, a large pinch of salt & some liberal shakes of red pepper flakes. (I made the mistake once of putting in TOO MUCH red pepper...don't be afraid to taste this as you go and season accordingly.)

Let the sauce come to a bit of a simmer, and then add the vodka. Reduce the heat until the water for the pasta is ready.

Cook the pasta according to package directions. About two minutes before the pasta is finished, pour in the heavy cream and parsley into the tomato sauce mixture. Stir well from the bottom of the pan.

Drain the pasta. Return to the pot. Pour the cream sauce over the pasta & combine well (or, if your sauce pot was larger, pour the pasta in there...whichever). Keep the heat on low and stir another few minutes until the sauce thickens up and clings to the pasta more.

Serve in bowls and top with parmesan.

I've made this with turkey meatballs, and it's super good. It's good by itself. It freezes pretty well. You can't go wrong! It's really yummy.


And, I wanted to show off Ben's pasta tonight, too! I cut up a few noodles for him and mixed it with some carrot puree. He loved it, and it let me use up some of the purees I have in the freezer for him.

Ben's "Vodka Sauce & Pasta" - Pasta and Carrot Puree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin