Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


Happy Earth Day!

I hope you did something green today (and every day!). Ben and I made eco-friendly gloop to play with...as you can see from the picture above, he had a fab time. Want to know how to make your own eco-friendly gloop? Read on.

Eco Friendly Gloop

Ingredients:
Water
Cornstarch
Non toxic dye (recipe below)

Assembly:,
Mix equal parts water and cornstarch until smooth. Add dye, if desired.

Really, that's it. You can store in an airtight container and use a little water to refresh, or you can be like me and Ben and dump it all over the floor and have none left over!

If you're interested in making dye, you can use things like coffee (for brown), blueberries (for purple), etc. I chose to not make a dye because I couldn't guarantee that Ben would stay in the kitchen with the gloop, and I really didn't want stained carpet.

I got this recipe from my Moms in Madison Yahoo! group, which linked to the article above (click on Eco Friendly Gloop to read). There are some other fun "recipes" in that article that I'm looking forward to trying, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin