Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Potsticker Soup

This is one of my new favorite soups to make - it's so easy, and we always have the ingredients on hand (thanks to Costco, I've always got a lot of chicken broth in the fridge and bags of potstickers and edamame in the freezer).  I've made it a few times since discovering the recipe (and have tweaked the original quite a bit) and each time, we all have seconds.  Even Ben.


Ingredients:
32 - 64 oz. low sodium chicken broth (depending on how brothy you want your soup - I usually use about 1 1/2 boxes, or 48 oz.)
1 2" piece ginger, peeled and minced
16 oz. frozen potstickers
8 oz. sliced mushrooms (we just use regular mushrooms, but you can use Shiitake if you really want)
1 14 oz. bag frozen edamame, prepared according to package (don't forget to remove from the pod!)
Soy sauce, to taste
Sliced scallions, for garnish

Assembly:
In a large pot (I love using my stock pot for this), bring the chicken broth and ginger to a boil.

Add the potstickers and carrots, simmering until the carrots are tender (about 10 minutes).

Add the mushrooms and edamame - cook until warmed through (just a few minutes).  Stir in soy sauce, and top with scallions before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin