Sorry. It's been a while. I've been cooking a lot, but haven't had a lot of time to blog about it, what with birthdays and parties and spring cleaning.
I'm back now.
I made this recipe the other night because I had some peapods and mushrooms to use up - and Matt had three helpings. Three. I don't remember the last time he had three helpings of something, so I'm assuming he liked it. Ben and I sure did. Also, enjoy the photo - Ben set it up.
Ingredients:
6 T soy sauce
4 T rice wine vinegar
2 T brown sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 - 1 T hoisin sauce
1 - 2 T vegetable oil
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 T minced fresh ginger root
1 T minced fresh garlic
1 lb. flat iron steak, sliced (or flank steak, or skirt steak - whichever is cheapest & looks the best)
1 package fresh peapods (8 oz. or so)
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
2 C rice, prepared
Assembly:
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch & hoisin sauce. Set aside.
Heat the vegetable & sesame oils in a wok over medium high heat - add in the ginger and garlic and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the steak and cook until evenly browned on all sides.
Add the snow peas and mushrooms (and any other vegetables you want) and cook until just softened (about 3 - 5 minutes). No mushy veggies, you hear?
Add the soy sauce mixture (scrape the bowl well in case the sugar didn't dissolve all the way) and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
Serve over rice, next to a car.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment